Should I choose charges or cases?
Should I choose charges or cases
Do you want to count the number of offenders, or the number of charges?
A person appears in Court and is found guilty of 4 charges of stealing.
Should that count as 1 instance or 4?
- If you choose Charges, this example will be counted 4 times (once per charge).
- If you choose Cases, this example will be counted 1 time (once per person).
A person is sentenced for the same crime on 2 separate dates.
- If you choose Cases, this example will be counted 2 times. It is the same person, but there are 2 cases with separate sentencing outcomes.
If you want to know:
- how many charges of stealing resulted in someone being found guilty in Court - choose Charges
- how many people who were sentenced had stealing as their most serious offence - choose Cases
- the typical sentences for stealing - choose Charges